Valmiera Vocational Training Center is located in the most beautiful town of Vidzeme – Valmiera, where river Gauja takes the turn towards the sea.
At present Valmiera Vocational Training Center is one of the largest professional educational institutions in the region. 725 students in total have been admitted to Valmiera State Technical School/College for the 2016/2017 academic year; there are 12 different professional programmes taught in Valmiera and 6 professional programmes taught in educational unit in Ranka.
Valmiera Vocational Training Center has been able to become a modern and contemporary educational institution with the help of investments of more than 12 million euro from the European Union and Latvian state. The official opening ceremony of the new school building took place on the 13th of November 2015.
We are hoping that the new premises, modern laboratories, as well as training restaurant facilities and youth’s hostel will attract students from all regions, and who will in future promote the growth of entrepreneurship in Vidzeme, Latvia and wider Europe with the help of their ideas and skills.
We are confident that it will be a success story for many Latvian students who will decide to study in Valmiera Vocational Training Center.
• To prepare well educated, creative, competitive personalities, that will be in high demand in labour markets across Latvia and Europe.
• To offer new, high-quality professional education programmes and their compliance with the needs of employers.
• To attract and retain highly-skilled work force in Vidzemes region.
• Educated, positive and determined adolescents
• Professional, competent and growth-oriented tutors
• Strong and loyal team where cooperation is based on openness, honesty, tolerance and respect among school, students and their parents
• A well-organised, safe, attractive and modern school environment.